Luxury Contemporary Wedding Cake Design | Cake Decorating Tuition | Manchester, Cheshire & Liverpool
To be kept up to date with our group cake decorating classes, sign up to our mailing list to be the first to find out the details.
Wedding Cake Masterclass - Fri 28th & Sat 29th June
£325 per person
Learn a variety of beautiful cake decorating techniques in this fabulous class with Rachel Hanna, an award-winning cake designer. Over the two days you will learn the following;
1. Covering a dummy tier in marbled sugarpaste and covering an extra tall tier using the wrap method, achieving our signature sharp edges and clean lines.
2. Applying edible gold leaf, water-colour-washing and hand-painting calligraphy lettering
3. Making sugar flowers and foliage including anemones, avalanche rose, rose leaves, eucalyptus and ruscus. These varieties will teach you a host of sugar flower techniques that can then be applied to many other flowers.
4. Dusting, taping, glazing and arranging your finished flowers and leaves
At the end of the two days, you will take home your finished dummy cake and a whole host of professional skills to put to good use on your own wedding cakes
Professional Basics Class - Friday 29th March or Thursday 27th June
£150 per person
This single day course will teach you how to master the basic skills of professional cake decorating.
Working with real cake, this class is an essential element of anyone wanting to sharpen their skills and create cakes with a flawless finish.
Briefly, the day will include;
1. Filling your cake with buttercream
2. Making chocolate ganache and covering your cake with it
3. Handling sugarpaste and covering your cake with it
4. Achieving sharp edges and a smooth flawless finish
5. Arranging a cluster of fresh flowers on your cake in a food-safe way
Time permitting, we will also touch on some basic decorating techniques such as water-colour painting and the application of metallic effects.